A Story Of The Shepherd Sudhanshu Shekhar Patra

 Do you not want to know something  about me ? How did I become a shepherd ? Let me introduce myself first. 

I'm Teknu, 15 year old Kalahandian young boy, living there in a small cottage. This is Macaguda, a tribal hilly village having population about 5 hundred people. I have never touched down to the ground of a school . Being an illiterate fellow  also I'm  living in my own way positively here . 

There are two reasons for not getting education. 

The first one that  no any school is  established in our village. The second point  is related to my late father.He was a rigorous worker in his life.He was habituated to  go  even if Jhola, the  nearest village of Macaguda, for  works .  There was only one school  for our belt where very few children were  reading. When I wanted to go there he didn't agree . He stated that only the sons of richs should read. The sons of poors should not be worried to get education.

 He died in a serious  fever .I was only 7year old at that time. Some of our neighbours told that  his father met  with death as  a deity of a cornfield was rude upon him . Just right after one month of my father's demise  mother got married another young man and stayed with him. 

 I became alone , an enigma   to  narrate details   isn't at all  possible   now.  Only one thing  I know that my tough struggle started there after for survival in this dense range . My engagement was fixed up in a well to do person of the village . I became a shepherd for the sake of that family. The working schedule was   morning  to evening  everyday . At present also that time table has not been changed and followed by me . I take stale wash mingled with salt, onion pieces and dried chilli in lunch  with my friends in the grazing field and  hot rice along with  a little bit of veg curry  in dinner at owner's  except for the room  where  I sleep  . It's very rare to get  mutton curry in dinner , yearly twice or  thrice . 

The utensils used  for me  will be cleaned in my own hand after  eating .  

However , I have been living yet  and  hope also  to continue  this trend  until my death . At last , not least   may l  say  one most important thing that  I am in search of a girl to make life partner . No more to express for the time being.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A CONTINGENCY