Pure Religion ..... Sudhanshu Shekhar Patra

 Characters

*Begger...50 years old 

*Priest..40 years old 

*Sarapanch..54 years old,male

*Papu..boy ... student of cl 7

*Litu...boy ... student of cl 7

*Mitu..boy... student of cl 7 

*Doctor...male ..35 years old  

SCENE

It's one side of the road.Under a banian tree a begger is sitting .He is seriously affected by fever.


Begger: Oh ....ah ....Who can provide me a glass of water? Throat doesn't function properly....  (After looking the priest)  Sir, please do one thing for me.

Priest: How do you  dare to say this?  Do you know, I am a priest ? I'm meant for a temple. My work is to worship a God .I am not your servant. (Said angrily and went on) 

Begger:Oh my God! What shall I do? Nobody is to help me. Who will listen to my words? 

(After few minutes the Sarapanch reached there) 

Begger: Sir, kindly understand me.

Sarapanch: What do you  need?

Begger: Come forward to save my 

life. 

Sarapanch: What is your problem? 

Begger: Touch me how my body is hot . Please take me to any physician  sir , otherwise I will die . 

Sarapanch: I am a leader . Perhaps you don't know .I am always busy in  social work. See now I'm going to Grama sabha  that organised in the central part of this village.There B.D.O has also to come.

Begger: To help me not be a social work ,sir ? 

Sarapanch: Don't argue with me.You are a third class man .

I will do nothing for you. Stay here. (Left the place) 

( On the  other hand  there are three students  after ovserving  that critical situation reached at the spot.) 

Papu: What kind of Sarapanch he is !He didn't understand him.

Litu:A representative of  five thousand people behaves like an unsocial being . 

Mitu: He may not do anything for him but he should not be rude.

Litu: Forget him. We will do something in this regard .

Mitu:Yes ,we will have to reach a doctor . In last part of our village there a hospital stands.

Papu :No need to be late .

Litu: I am going there. I will approach to any one of the doctors to be here. You  booth wait .

(Litu went to  the hospital .Mitu and Papu became nearest of the begger.)


Begger:Why are you here my dear

children? 

Papu:We want to do a little bit for you.

Mitu: We have already understood all the things related to you. That our Sarapanch have also denied your proposal. 

Papu:Mitu, go and ask for a glass in that house and bring water from that tubewell .

(Mitu  went and  brought a glass of water  ) 

Mitu: Please take this glass of water uncle. 

(Begger took that and drank water) 

Papu: Uncle, You will be free from illness. Be courageous.

Begger:I am now hopeful . You are near me. Nothing will happen.

No need of any physician now .

(Litu reached  with a physician.He checked the begger and  put an injection  on begger's body.)

Litu: We are really grateful to you sir. 

Doctor:I can't agree with you. Why are you saying so?I have just done my duty .It became possible for you . Many many thanks for your help. You are really best Messengers of the God. You have done a great job.What elders of this village were unable to do that you did properly without any hesitation . For me it's the pure religion. 

( Curtain )



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A CONTINGENCY